EPIC specializes in complete packaging line integration. New line installations and existing line upgrades require an experienced integrator who can help you save time and money while achieving your manufacturing goals. For every packaging line integration we follow these steps:
STEP 1: Line Evaluation
- Packaging Line evaluation: We evaluate the factors impacting packaging lines to overcome potential bottlenecks and implement lean manufacturing practices for efficient load balances.
- Packaging Line Studies: EPIC’s project managers conduct design studies to understand your project goals & scope, optimize flow, line efficiency & staffing strategy, and decide best plant layout. The most common studies completed by EPIC are:
- Up-Time and Accumulation Studies
- OEE Studies
STEP 2: Packaging Line Design
- Preliminary Design: Preliminary design is used to establish goals, scope and budget. Our two step preliminary design phase includes:
- Front-end engineering
- Base design
- Major equipment specification
- Fixed bid presentation
- Detailed Design: Detailed design begins after approval of the fixed bid. Our experienced plant engineers design proper machine layout and equipment train, select equipment and vendors, and consider controls and mechanical integration for sustained success.
STEP 3: Integration
- Mechanical Integration:Through line engineering and custom machine adjustments, mechanical integration will address the following:
- Machinery deck heights
- Mechanical transitions between equipment
- Transition plates to Conveyor widths
- Specific grade requirements
- Accumulation and uptime requirements
- Electrical Design: Whether 120 VAC or 24 VDC, electrical design schematics, components and instruments are designed to match existing plant and production line standards. NFPA codes, UL, CSA and/or CE requirements, NEMA and IEC motor starter preference are all addressed and adhere to client expectations.
- Machine Vision Integration: To identify defects, ensure quality or address a custom solution custom vision systems can be designed to complement your production line.
- Anti-counterfeiting technologies: Anti-counterfeiting technologies can help you protect your product and your brands reputation. We provide a variety of solutions.
- EPIC’s Fabrication shop: Advantages are provided to our clients through our state-of-the-art fabrication shop including production-style techniques, a controlled environment and direct supervision by project managers.
- Quality Assurance Program: Our dedicated QA Specialist oversees our Quality Assurance Program that has the rigorous standards for craftsmanship and fabrication.
- Line automation:Our controls engineers develop sensible automation solutions including programming, instrumentation and electrical design. We specialize in:
- Control System Integration
- Production Line Programming
- Machine Vision Integration
- Production Line Data Collection & Analysis
- Line Operator & Maintenance Training
- Control System Integration: Your line will be fully integrated and can be programmed using either a PLC or PC-Based logic platform and outfitted with comprehensive logic based, operator interface platforms to control the line.
- Programming:Line speed and accuracy are achieved through correct line programming on your preferred platform.
- Logic Programming
- PC-Based Programming
- PLC Programming
- Operator Interface Programming
- Data Collection and Analysis: Data can be harvested and exported in your preferred format in real-time.
STEP 5: Equipment Installation and Plant Integration
- Equipment Installation & Plant Integration: Our project managers oversee installation and plant integration including production equipment testing
- Plant Construction Management:We will fully prepare your site for production line installation including:
- Supervision by an experienced construction management team
- Modifications to plant grounds and surface areas
- Piping installation
- Custom construction needs
- Safety: We follow strict FDA, ASME and AWS guidelines and adhere to a self-enforced safety program overseen by our EH&S manager.
STEP 6: Commissioning
- Start-Up and Support: Functional testing is performed upon installation, validation, checkout and commissioning are completed and all documentation turned over. FAT testing is completed before shipment.
- Operator and Maintenance Training: Operator and maintenance training for your personnel is complete by our project managers to create ease of ownership over the lines lifetime